Saturday, August 4, 2012

Bottle Cap Magnets

So, I have been saving my bottle caps from IBC Rootbeer bottles with the intention of doing something cool with them.  I just didn't know what.  But then it hit me that they would make cute little magnets.  Then, I went to Hobby Lobby and saw that they were actually selling bottle cap magnets which only validated my thought.  So here is my version of bottle cap magnets.

What you need:
Glass bottle bottle caps
Round magnets (get the ones that are self adhesive)
Paint in various colors
Various gems (I used the gem flats located next to the buttons in the scrapbook aisle.)
Hot glue gun

Paint the bottle caps.  I used blue, lavender, and a really pretty metallic gold.

Next I attached I glued the gem flats to the tops of the bottle caps.


I attached the circular magnets to the backs of the bottle caps.  I had to use two per cap to make it stick out past the rim of the bottle cap.

Then, I stuck them on the fridge.

Last of all I emptied an Altoid tin of its mints.  I painted it metallic gold and put stickers on top.

Then I put six magnets in the tin and gave them away as a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment